DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR

DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED VELOCIRAPTORS AND TO THE PRINCIPLES FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION COMPOSED OF NERDS UNDEFEATABLE FOR NOW AND FOR ALL TIMES TO COME

9.30.2009

Sims 3: Success Or Major FAIL

Well we have all gotten a chance to play the Sims 3 in these past few months. By now we are all probably wondering the same thing. Did we get screwed? Well to be honest I think that the game was missing a lot. The Sims 3 took a great deal of the fun features in the Sims 2 and threw them out the window. For instance, I don't like the fact that I cannot build my own restaurants and control the sims inside of the restaurants. That was a major social center in the Sims 2. The community lots in the Sims 3 are not as exciting. So far there are no "hang out" areas. Sure the idea of centering the nieghborhood around a park was kinda cool, but a park doesn't cut it when you had so much more in the Sims 2.
The rewards system in the sims three was disapointing to me. I think that the idea of making the sim not have to go to the bathroom sounds like a good idea. However I would much rather the bonus make it so that the sim does not have to go to the bathroom as much. The way the aging set up screws up the game as well. See that one reward in the Sims 2 that nade your sims cut back on age was great. I don't like the fact that you can't have kids grow up without getting old. It annoys me.
One thing we should all remember is that the majority of us Sims 2 players had almost all of the expansion packs to the Sims 2. That meant we had a whole lot added on since the game originally came out. So this game is still in the pre-expansion age. There is an expansion pack coming out in November for the Sims 3. The expansion is called: The Sims 3: World Adventures. Your sims will be able to take vacations in China, France, and Egypt. I think I'm gonna miss mountains and beach. This expansion will come with many items, I am sure. Also I have heard that there will be a 1000 sim points bonus with the game. The only reason for them to do this is for them to release special content exclusively for that expansion. By the way if your complaints are mainly about decoration objects and such, then I suggest you check out the Sims 3 online store where you can buy objects with sim points. Let me tell you, it is a better idea to buy a whole pack than to buy parts of it separately. So buy the whole pack because it will usually cost you half as much.
I believe the reason that we were ticked off with the Sims 3 was because most of us were expecting the Sims 2 with upgrades. The truth is that the Sims 3 is a completely new game, with new good points. I am so relieved that I no longer have to wait through a bunch of loading screens to get to a community lot. I'm also glad my sims can go see a movie or go to a concert. There are a lot of good things about the Sims 3. It just might take some time to find them all.

No comments: