DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR

DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED VELOCIRAPTORS AND TO THE PRINCIPLES FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION COMPOSED OF NERDS UNDEFEATABLE FOR NOW AND FOR ALL TIMES TO COME

10.04.2009

You Have Got To Be Kidding me




I am a big fan of the Far Cry franchise, as most of you already know. I love to spend hours building maps on the map editor. The map editor in Far Cry 2 was paradise for me. I originally had the game for Xbox 360. I spent time downloading cool maps and exploring them and getting new ideas for how to do things in building my own maps. There was this one guy who pretty much owned the top ranked maps page. The name was BorromirKane I believe. He had these awesome Lord Of the Rings maps that were just mind-blowing.


Anyway, over the summer I purchased Farcry 2 for my PC. Last night, I was looking at the map share. I typed in phrases that usually got loads of responses but I didn't get any thing. I finally found these maps for Helms deep. Each one looked horrible. I was having a hard time seeing the resemblence. Then I went looking for a Minas Tirith map. I only found one. It was worse than the Helms Deep maps. It was as if these people hadn't even seen the movies.


Now my logic when I bought I PC copy of Far Cry 2 was that the map editor would allow me to be more accurate. I was right. Then Explain To Me Why Someone Was Able To Build What Was Almost An Exact Replica Of The Citadel Courtyard Of Minas Tirith On Xbox But On The PC Version Of The Game, ALL I FOUND WAS @**&@&^@&&!(@!^*&@!&@(*&&!^(*^&^(&*(^%%##@%$^$%*&^$$#&^(*&()*()&*(^*&%^&%*%#&%#$#^%$%^#$@#$#@$#@&%#$#@$#.






No comments: