DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR

DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED VELOCIRAPTORS AND TO THE PRINCIPLES FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION COMPOSED OF NERDS UNDEFEATABLE FOR NOW AND FOR ALL TIMES TO COME

10.20.2009

TRANSFORMERS: Revenge Of The Fallen


Well the day has finally come. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen is finally out on DVD and Blu-Ray. The movie was one of the most anticipated films of the summer along with Star Trek and Terminator: Salvation. I have to say that I was not disapointed in the epic battle between Optimus and the Fallen or the forest battle between Optimus and all the Decepticons. I was annoyed however by the lack of attention Arcee, Elita One, Chromia, Sideswipe, and Jolt got in this movie. I mean Arcee and Elita One were major characters in The Transformers. Arcee was one of the main characters in the 1986 film and seasons 3 and 4. Plus, wasn't Elita One Optimus's Equal in rank. Don't just take names and not give them their due. I did think that the idea to have Arcee as a motorcycle was a good move though.


I thought that the twins, Mudflap and Skids, were funny. However, the attention that they recieved in the movie was horrendous. At times I wondered if Ironhide or Rachet had been killed. They should have given the NEST team more screentime.


The Autobot Matrix of Leadership. We all know what it is right? "But one day, an Autobot shall rise up from our ranks and use the power of the Matrix to light our darkest hour."- Optimus Prime, Transformers: The Movie(1986). In this movie the Matrix was a key to a weapon of mass destruction. In both movies it played a major role and the idea was to keep it out of the hands of the Decepticons. In both movies Optimus dies. In however in this movie Optimus comes back. And before I forget, I think they did a relatively good job with the Matrix of Leadership.


Ok this is not necessarily a complaint but more of a hindsight issue. They had Megatron brought back to life, which is cool because that is paying tribute to just about every Transformers series known to man. However, Why did they not take the oppertunity to rename him Galvatron? I mean, you could have easily given that nod to thousands of G1 fans. Sorry Armada fans, you don't count, and if you want to know why then go watch the 1986 film. It's alot better than what you saw in Transformers: Armada because you actually get an explanation for the name change.


That's all for now. The movie did not disapoint me in the theaters. And now I am trying to find time to pick up my special edition of the movie.

No comments: