DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR

DON'T TREAD ON THE RAPTOR
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED VELOCIRAPTORS AND TO THE PRINCIPLES FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION COMPOSED OF NERDS UNDEFEATABLE FOR NOW AND FOR ALL TIMES TO COME

2.26.2008

Transformers: 2007


Being the huge transformers fan that I am, I went to see the new movie almost as soon as it came out. I had only a handful of problems with it. The first was that Jazz died. In the G1 series, Jazz was my favorite character, so I was really put off that Megatron rips him in half. Plus, he survived in the original film, even if he spent the entire time as a prisoner of Unicron. I also thought there could have been a little more action. the first seven to ten minutes and the last thirty minutes were the way the whole movie should have been. There wasn't enough Autobot vs Decepticon battles. I mean you don't need to build up the human characters as much as they did. The first three episodes of The Transformers which totaled a time of about one hour (half the length of the movie) Did a better job developing all the characters. They should have just used those few episodes to be the model from the movie. You coould have easily replaced energon with the Cube. And you could have had some large battle at the end. Heck, the decepticons could have just used Qatar as the place to build that ship that they try and escape on at the end of episode 3. And now that i think about it, you could add the whole energon thing in with the Cube.


The movie in itself was a epic adventure. It deserves five stars. But unlike the original movie made back in 1986, this movie is not as good the second time you see it. I did love it. I even bought the two-disc special edition, but it could have been better, there could have been more fighting. This movie, even with its flaws, will be up there with some of my favorite movies. they kept true to the characters of all the Autobots, Megatron, and Starscream. I will say that Soundwave's counterpart in the movie, Frenzy, stays true to the character of Soundwave. I was thankful that he did not have tapes eject from his chest.

No comments: